Thursday 9 January 2014

Using up Stash !

I came across the Our Creative Corner blog earlier this week - can't believe I've not found this before !

Well their challenge for this week is No More Shopping Sins - say no more, I'm sure like many crafters I could enter this every week this year and still have stuff left.  We all have that special something or two stashed away because we can't bear to use it.

I had a 65th birthday card to make so decided to use a sheet of dark purple paper and some lilac vellum I've had for months now.  I used a die-cut card blank and hi-lighted the plain sides with stamping using a clear embossing pad and mica powder. I wanted the papers to be the main focal points of the card so kept the centre quite simple. The vellum was used to make the flowers which I've embossed using both clear and silver embossing powder on different layers.  I've also used another hidden treasure as the large flower centre, a Creative Expressions Dazzler. I then used up all the scraps to make another 2 cards.





I didn't make any New Year resolutions so I think I'm going to set myself a personal challenge of using up items like this. 

thank you for stopping by !


1 comment:

  1. Soo glad you found our challenge blog, Sarah! :)
    Your cards are absolutely adorable!
    Thank you for sharing your makes with us at OurCreativeCorner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete