Saturday, 16 April 2016

Resist Tag

As I can't get out into the garden today I thought I'd make my own little indoor one instead.  This is bit of a test piece using various resist techniques.  Over the last couple weeks the Paperartsy blog has show cased numerous techniques which can be seen here

The background includes metallic glaze through a stencil as the resist.

The flowers were stamped and enmbossed in white for the resist before colouring with distress ink.

I didn't have much success with glossy accents as the resist under fresco paint - found it hard to remove the paint just from the heart.  Something to try again.

 And lastly this was oil pastels scribbled onto card with distress inks on top - quite liked the effect this gave - should have taken a photo before die cutting though

Thank you for looking X

Sunday, 10 April 2016

Resist Birthday Cards

The current Paperartsy topic 7 is resists, see here for some well known and not so well known techniques Resists.  This is one of those lovely techniques I always forget about. I've a few birthdays coming up so decided to make several similar cards this morning. In each I've stamped and embossed with white powder. My favourite purple/lilac distress inks made an appearance in the background and additional stamping.

And here's close up of each card


I'm entering this into the Paperartsy challenge and the Country View Crafts theme of Spring details here.

Thank you for popping by x

Sunday, 3 April 2016


When I first read the latest Paperartsy challenge of Liquid Sculpting Medium I dismissed it as I didn't have anything such as Powertex to use. But reading further that other glues etc could be used I decided to give it a go.

I took a paper mache mask and firstly added strips of pleated calico to the edge using copious amounts of fabric decoupage glue - nice and messy ! I wanted another fabric with more texture and after hunting around I came across a bandage - this forms the main part of the mask. At this point I wasn't sure where to go next. The overall effect had an ancient look about it so I built up layers of paint, antiquing creams and treasure gold to give an aged look. Unfortunately it's a bit dull here this morning so the shine hasn't come out in the pictures 


To finish I added some metallic brads and a "sun" like cog.  Thank you for looking x