Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Art Doll - topic #5

The Paperartsy theme at the moment is art dolls see here for info - at first I wasn't really sure what to do but after a bit of googling it seems anything goes.

So off I went to rummage through my bits and bobs for something suitable to use as face - I came up with a little wooden spoon which fitted perfectly into a cotton reel sitting on my desk. Now the scary bit of drawing a face and colouring in with a mixture of fresco paints.

I added cardboard arms secured with wire and then built up a bit of bulk using strips of material. Here's the basic doll in all her glory !

Now she needed some clothes - I stamped a pattern onto a piece of white cotton (just seen on the blog that Lucy did the same thing - great minds think alike lol). I used this and some smaller pieces of fabric to fashion a dress.  This was sewed direct onto the body bit by bit.

All that was missing was some hair - a bit stumped for a while but fiddling around with some scraps I decided on lace hair - well who would like this - here's my finished doll........thank you for stopping by xx

Friday, 4 March 2016

Image Transfer #4

As I've never attempted any form of image transfer before I thought I'd start with something simple.  I printed a black and white image of some scissors etc and transfered it onto a piece of white fabric using Matt Medium.

I made up a little bag using some scraps of fabric left over from making some bunting and attached my image and some matching buttons.  

Front of my bag

Crazy patchwork bac


And finished bag

Thank you for stopping by to look xx