Saturday 6 July 2013

Tag Screen Inspired by Sue Carrington

Sue has shared 3 fantastic projects over at Paper Artsy this week - click here to see.
I'll definitely be having a go at the frame another day but in the meantime have made my version of the tag screen.
I already had the 4 individual tags and joined them when finished with a sheet of card scored just wider than the tags to give a neat border. I kept to a limited pallet of Honey Dew and Tinned Peas fresco paints with just a smidge of Mud Splat. The script was my first go at using bonding powder and foil - this is sure to be a frequent feature on my projects now. All finished off with a  bit of random stamping and the phrase "Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter".



7 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, fab tag screen, great colour combo & I love the sentiment you have used
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tags, love the foil too! I recognise some of those stamps from my stash, haven't used them yet, must break them out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely screen - fabulous stamping and stencilling. I like the sentiment too! I haven't heard of foil and bonding powder, but it looks great! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag screen. Great colours and stamps

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very lovely Sarah. The palette of colours and the composition are so well balanced!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How long have you been doing this Sarah? Your work is wonderful - I think you need to be a DT for Paper Artsy!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sandy - I've crafted in one way or another since I was little.I started making cards about 7-8 yrs ago as I didn't have much time and liked the quick results. What you see on my blog are my first attempts at this sort of thing - and I love it, the wonderful comments people leave give me confidence to have a go at something new ! I'm visiting Florida soon (I know this is no near you) but are there any good chains of shops that stock craft supplies in the US ?

      Delete