Friday 28 June 2013

PA Inspired by Darcy Wilkinson

I hope everyone has seen the wonderful projects from Darcy this week over at Paper Artsy. Just when you think her projects couldn't get any better along came Geisha Kitty - I was blown away.  Well I'm afraid I've been pushed for time this week and only managed to have a go at the tissue tape. I meant to say "we" as my son Jack joined in my crafty evening yesterday - yes I managed to drag him away from his PS3. Together we used masking and micropore tape - I like the blue best of all, this is PA translucent Beach Hut paint.



As this didn't take long we decided to have a go at a cardboard tag each - I don't feel quite so mad for saving this cardboard for so long now !

I went with a very girly pink tag - a bit of stencilling with dimensial paste for the butterfly,background stamping and best of all flowers from the JOFY stamps I received for my birthday but haven't had time to use.





Jack went for different look with beige, greens and blues.  I like it that he used just the same techniques of painting, stenciling with paste and background stamping but the end result was completely different.


Hopefully we'll manage to make some more things over the weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful tapes and i am so excited that you got your son involved too, well done for getting him away from the computer lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both produced lovely tags, will your son grow up to replace Tim Holtz I wonder, looks like he is well on his way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have some painty fun with your son! Your tapes & tags look fabulous!!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two artists at work! Hope your son enjoyed to play, the two tags are amazing!

    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is obvious that you and your son had a delightful time together and made some wonderful tabs to boot!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete