Saturday 8 February 2014

Canvas inspired by Sue Carrington

As soon as I saw the door hanger by Sue Carrington on PA (see here) I knew I had to find time to join in this week.  I won the HP 1212 set back in December and have only used them once before so they definitely needed more use. I didn't take a photo of my first back ground, this was supposed to be similar to Sue's but couldn't have been further away. I can confirm PA fresco paints are excellent at covering up mishaps !

In the end I painted my canvas in a Stone/white mix and stamped thimbles and cotton reels in Very Berry.  I then stamped the lace edging from this set onto tissue along with some scissors from another set and stuck them down with matt medium. The black lace looked too harsh so I softened it was a touch of nougat.  

I've also added some actual lace,ribbon and frayed cotton material painted with watered down paint to give different textures. The stamped image have been given a touch of colour with DI  

Thank you for popping by !



6 comments:

  1. This is stunning canvas Sarah! Great dimensional composition and the layout with the movement. I love it's very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful composition Sarah! I love this!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the elements go so well together Sarah. The real lace makes it look like a shelf. Beautiful work. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely project. thanks for joining us @ PaperArtsy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Sarah, you have used the stamp set so well :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete