So off I went to rummage through my bits and bobs for something suitable to use as face - I came up with a little wooden spoon which fitted perfectly into a cotton reel sitting on my desk. Now the scary bit of drawing a face and colouring in with a mixture of fresco paints.
I added cardboard arms secured with wire and then built up a bit of bulk using strips of material. Here's the basic doll in all her glory !
Now she needed some clothes - I stamped a pattern onto a piece of white cotton (just seen on the blog that Lucy did the same thing - great minds think alike lol). I used this and some smaller pieces of fabric to fashion a dress. This was sewed direct onto the body bit by bit.
All that was missing was some hair - a bit stumped for a while but fiddling around with some scraps I decided on lace hair - well who would like this - here's my finished doll........thank you for stopping by xx