Sunday 29 December 2013

Journal Page Inspired by Jo Myhill

Well I hope everyone has had a truly wonderful Christmas. I've family coming to mine today then it's definitely diet time !
I loved all three of Jo's projects over at PaperArtsy this week, see here for her first one.  I've used some of the ideas from this project for a journal page.  I've firstly painted the page in Fresco Moonlight and Pansy.  Then I scrunched up some preprinted tissue I wanted to use and applied it with matt medium, keeping lots of texture in it - apart from where the birds are. This was a bit too white so I've used DI in Dusty Concord and Milled Lavender to tone it down.
Then came the scary bit of adding the GP - I was intending to apply a thickish layer but loved the way a thin layer hi-lighted the texture in the tissue. I went over this in DI again and watered down Pansy Fresco paint.
To keep to the birds theme I've added a picture from an old book - I cadged a few pages from a shop in Camden a while ago, wish I had the whole thing though. I've perhaps created a new species as it had to be coloured in purple DI to match ! 



3 comments:

  1. Lovely page Sarah. I love the colours and especially like the music score very effective x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours, they are really vibrant. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, I wonder what the new species of purple bird would be called?

    ReplyDelete